View Single Post
Old 29 Aug 2014, 14:09 (Ref:3448871)   #71
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I don't understand the classes, for example in "GT-1" and "GT-2" they have Cup 997 and 996 Porsches which is fine and dandy but in "GT-3" you have 997 GT4s and BMWs yet also small prototypes like the Radical there - when there are actual proto classes too??
The class structure is a bit of an issue, though "GT1, etc." are not the actual class-names, that's just done on that entry list, with a translation to the actual class-names (correspondend to those in other Belgian series) being given below the list.

I guess the Radical RXC gets a pass as a GT since it is also allowed to race in the GT-class in Dutch Supercar Challenge (rather than their prototype series) and because there actually is a road car equivalent. I tend to think of it as a modern day Ultima or something like that rather than an all-out prototype.
How the 997 GT4 got into the same class as the RXC and the Saker I really can't explain, though.

Edit: Looking at the explanation of the classes, the Radical actually is the odd one out in "GT3/GT-Light" as that is defined as "Klasse 3: GT Light - GT4 & Supersport & GT Open < 3.000 cc" and the RXC has a 3.7l engine, putting it in "Klasse 1", which is also where it belongs performance wise.

Last edited by Speed-King; 29 Aug 2014 at 14:15.