View Single Post
Old 5 Jun 2019, 18:37 (Ref:3908132)   #2118
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Dumb move but it was to be expected. Why would you have a hybrid if you only go the same distance as a non-hybrid? Gotta be Toyotas logic there... The only thing that helps is that the non-hybrids have a chance to fuel faster if the refueling changes to Toyota has an adverse effect on their refueling time. If they can refuel faster than Toyota, this extra lap will be negated, but that's also dependent on pace which I hope is there. The BR1 doing 350kmh might be a good sign too if they can use it to pass Toyota who were doing 320-330kmh.
In principal I agree that if you have a superior car/technology/whatever, you should be allowed to be superior, not inferior or even at the same level. Also the nonhybrids never had any chance in pace anyway, regardless of this enforcement, so this changes nothing really in that front... the only way Toyota was/is ever going to lose Le Mans is on reliability or accident damage

HOWEVER it's more of a philosophical and fundamental issue... not only is there artificial performance restricting enforcing of stint lengths, which gives automatic advantage to one party and automatic disadvantage to the other regardless of what they do in the race, but also the party benefiting from this change made it to happen. Not the organizing party, but competitor. That's absurd, Ferrari F1 VETO level or GTE BoP/waiver OEM lobby manipulation levels of absurd.

I remember last year at Spa when Dragonspeed was complaining about stint lengths and being penalized if they were to do more laps per than allowed, and then people came saying it's absolutely not what the rules say and they'd never penalize for overlapping. Until they did at Le Mans...

Last edited by Deleted; 5 Jun 2019 at 18:47.