View Single Post
Old 9 Jan 2021, 22:57 (Ref:4027896)   #8663
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Porsche RS Spyder (whole car and spares/support) MSRP'd from Porsche Motorsport for over $1.5 million USD. A customer LMP1 was much cheaper, as was even an Audi R8 LMP900 at about the same time.
well, you need to consider that porsche RS spyder wasn't exactly a lmp2 like was a lola or a zytek of those years since it started as a semi-work program with penske in ALMS and private teams outside US got second hand chassis only from 2008.
To me the audi/bentley V8 4L TT doesn't make much sense... that engine is like an elephant in a small room... ligier and ESM used the nissan gt-r gt3 engine and they had all kind of cooling and packing issues because of an engine too big to fit in a lmp... not to consider that will be however useless performancewise to have a so big turbo engine since the huge torque release will be however tuned down by bop turbo pressure rpm curve.
Also a high-rev/low-torque engine isn't the best option in my opinion, but I guess they know what they are doing.