Thread: Driver 2018 F1 silly season.
View Single Post
Old 18 Jul 2017, 18:10 (Ref:3752502)   #273
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
The fact that he was a race winner and never had it revoked, means he should be allowed one
The entire Kubica story could have a very attractive Cinderella ending if he returns to F1. I personally would love to see him back in F1. But objectively and taking the emotion out of it... I think the 300KM mileage pathway is absolutely the right thing for him. Especially given questions around arm strength, etc. And the fact that the cars have changed a bit this year and are more physical to drive. I would say that what is maybe broken in the system is the difficulty of getting that mileage. Be it Kubica or anyone else.

Who is listed as Renaults "test driver" today? I know those positions can tend to be "buy a ride" things these days, but if they were serious, I think making him an official test driver and then giving him some time in the car via FP1, he could get a super license for 2018 under either the mileage or test driver path. It would also give Renault a chance to really evaluate him.

Richard