View Single Post
Old 10 Sep 2019, 00:04 (Ref:3927024)   #112
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
just my opinion but i dont really see any reason why Vettee could not transition nicely into a number 2 spot at Ferrari and i actually see him bouncing back in a big way once the load is removed entirely or shared more with the other driver.

i dont know him obviously so could be way off base but do others see him as having the kind of ego/personality that would prevent him from recognizing his decline in form?
Leclerc's Spa win was handily assisted by Vettel being difficult to overtake, and I don't think that Vettel's blocking of Hamilton in the final lap of Q3 hurt too much either.
On a separate note Leclerc and Vettel seem to have good chemistry, so they may be able to push each other and also contribute to one another's success. Perhaps Vettel's Ferrari tenure is not as limited as some think. ?

Being a Ferrari favourite driver with Leclerc there is going to be difficult for anyone who doesn't speak Italian, did you see the podium interview where he answered Brundle's question in Italian? 100% fluency there!