View Single Post
Old 26 Nov 2021, 15:28 (Ref:4085552)   #312
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Those team who have no real prospect for WDC, really can only probably then focus on WCC points as that drives end of year revenue.
no doubt it will take both cars for Mclaren to catch Ferrari (Mclaren are 39.5pts down). but after that, the points table looks fairly set at this point.

something extraordinary, like an AT driver winning a race, could move them ahead of Alpine but then that would suggest that AT put maximum effort behind Gasly/a one driver approach to the next 2 weekends (not a dis on Tsunoda but he hasent shown enough even for a fluke win imo) for even a chance to secure the points they need to move up.

that just leaves RB and Merc and as you say, the WDC is where all the attention is so they must both be looking to emphasis their lead driver.

we know know RB will and imo if Merc doesn't then they are making a crucial error.

at this point, one cannot count on Bottas being able to or willing to keep himself ahead of Max.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
In effect I believe 7th in the WCC is the median and receives 100% of everything.... those finishing ahead get a lower %age of freedom through to the winner who only gets 70%. Finish 10th and you get 115%
i did not know this. knew the prize money changed but didnt realize that resource allocation stuff increased the further down the table you finished.

mind a bit blown but with the budget cap, will teams further down the grid be able to take advantage of more costly wind tunnel time? very curious to see how tis plays out in the off season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
He seems to be happy in the Red Bull family at the moment, and actions like this may 'open up' a path:

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/co..._left_his_drs/
i suppose that is the other option...have your customer team help you out.

if intentional, a bit of dirty pool there imo.

circling back to my earlier point though...if AT are going to do this then they have pretty much abandoned any desire to even try to over take Alpine on the points table.

i suppose in his wisdom, this is why Bernie leveraged the prize fund the way he did?