View Single Post
Old 3 Jul 2019, 06:57 (Ref:3915610)   #352
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBinfield View Post
Thanks - understood regarding that the onus is on the applicant to prove the case - however, what happens in the case that the historical evidence is not exhaustive? Though I stand to be corrected, it seems unlikely to me that every last detail required for the HTP application can be identified explicitly for all non-homologated cars that competed in FIA International events. If it is the case that explicit evidence for some (presumably more minor) details cannot be found, are those cars then unable to be granted HTPs, or instead is an argument made based upon reasoning of partial evidence? Perhaps this might be something along the lines of a car being noted to have alloy callipers from a particular manufacturer, fitted to a particular upright which is known, and so the model of the calliper and in turn the number/size of pistons can be inferred - for the sake of example.

That said, maybe the situation described has not ever actually happened- you’ll have to forgive me, but being mostly away from the historic racing world this year has given me a lot of time to read old posts and non-homologated cars are an interesting case that I haven’t yet had very much to do with ��
You may understand that what you think may not be proven by the lack of homologation records can actually be through other documentation. This relates to manufacturers invoice, records, the fact that many kit car were as an example using parts from production cars, etc.

Also and with the World Wide Web having become very big, many things have come out, forums, photographic archives, catalogues, plenty of info which have helped either prove a specification or actually to turn "belief" into a clear rejection.