View Single Post
Old 19 Mar 2021, 19:29 (Ref:4041582)   #4
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Loved (and reason for doing so):

1974 Red Austin Mini - first car, enough said.

1980 Canary Yellow XR3 - with fully-fitted sound system, rallye lights and was the perfect car for B-road travel.

1982 Black XR2 - again, fantastic B-road car for rural motoring.

1986 Silver Cavalier SRi Saloon - abused, and sadly caught fire after engine problems. My first introduction to the benefits of regular servicing (or the impact of not doing so).

1988 Red Orion 1.6i Ghia - all the fun of a hot-hatch equivalent, without the associated insurance premium of an 'XR' badge. After being parked up for 2 years, I was excited to get back behind the wheel of this car again. Held that x-factor appeal for me - and probably the one car I would look to buy again for nostalgia purposes.

1997 Silver AMG C-Class - the ridiculously over-engineered W202, that even as an AMG was still a sleeper in terms of looks. Comfort and speed rolled together in a great package.

2011 Chestnut Brown Vauxhall Insignia Tourer - not exciting by any stretch of the imagination, but a diesel specifically bought to eat up motorway miles. Travelling between Yorkshire and Campania a few times a year, this car was the perfect way to get there and have a relaxing journey on the way.

In addition to the above, the following were 'meh':
1979 Gold Ford Fiesta.
1997 Red Toyota Carina E.

Take-em or leave-em:
2001 Black Vectra TDi.
2001 Green Mercedes M-Class 320.

Turkeys:
1987 Silver Mitsubishi Shogun
1997 Silver P38 Range Rover

Both big silver 4x4s that were expensive to run, required regular trips for repairs, and ultimately failed MOTs with huge potential bills that meant they went to the scrap heap.