View Single Post
Old 21 May 2020, 12:08 (Ref:3977504)   #9
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I can only speak for myself but I've definitely found myself having lowered mental capacity to deal with challenges since this all started. I've found myself having to take "time out" occasionally work-wise and difficult things of all shapes and sizes are making me much more tired than I used to be. Operating at a continual elevated stress level is known to be tiring, however high or low that stress is, and knee-jerk reactions are often a result.
i imagine "this is change and i don't like it" is causing a lot of people to consider walking away too. like you've described there, this is a weird mental state to be dealing with anything, let alone change in the places we used to find comfort and enjoy. there's a lot to adapt to - i'm finding getting my head around wearing a mask (or is it the other way around) to be something particularly weird for example, whereas in reality it's nothing, it's just like wearing socks. but i think when we're at home in this weird state it's too easy to create a whole load of issues in the mind that simply don't exist, or take tiny changes and issues and spin them wildly out of context and associate thoughts with them that don't belong. something those of us in the depression/anxiety spiral are pretty much professionals at.

for what it's worth there's an abundance of regulations for those in the paddock. based on that, the risk is going to be extremely low, far lower than something like going to the supermarket or even going for a walk at the moment.