View Single Post
Old 1 Sep 2016, 15:07 (Ref:3668956)   #8
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
to be fair, i question whether or not the inside curbing at La Source during the first corner and when two cars are already ahead of you qualifies as a 'gap'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
...That how he treated Kimi was not particular "hard racing" but "retribution". I am sorry, while it might be entertaining, that type of thinking has no real place "on track". Leave that stuff to NASCAR. It takes skill to race hard and clean, but it does not take skill to be a jerk on track...
agreed.

for me, when it happened live i was more willing to forgive it, but post race when he basically said he was looking for pay back is where my opinion changed.

most fouls in sports are subjective. we really dont know whats going on in a players head so regardless of how its called on the field we dont ever really know if the foul was intentional or not so the benefit of the doubt has to be given.

in this case he has been pretty open and adamant that he was committing several intentional fouls.

its rare that these sorts of post match admissions are made...most know that even though a penalty might have been not called on the pitch, the governing body can and will still come down on them afterwards for admitting to the use of such tactics.

so while im still willing to give MV the benefit of the doubt (i dont think he will ever see that as a 'gap' at Spa again), ultimately my grievance stills lays at the feet of the FIA and this newly forming narrative that the drivers need to sort this out themselves.

this is an organized sport...act accordingly imo.