View Single Post
Old 21 Jul 2019, 13:31 (Ref:3918726)   #32
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi645 View Post
Nor of lingering on in a lesser team. I don't think he has the same feel for F1 as Raikkonen.

On Bottas at Mercedes. Mercedes can talk all they want about Bottas his form. However as long as Hamilton is around they are perfectly happy with a driver like Bottas. What is more to want, he does bring in a decent load of points, yet doesn't risk Lewis' championship nor does he take unnecessary risks with both cars on track. In my eyes it's all bullshit.
I think the biggest reason for Bottas to stay and perhaps for as long as Hamilton stays is harmony within the team and no primma donna fighting between the two drivers as there would be if say Verstappen is given the gig. Toto is a a gifted manager who knows exactly what a peaceful team means for morale and he won't disturb it if it can be avoided. Bottas does exactly what is expected of him by the team but some fans don't see it that way.