View Single Post
Old 12 Feb 2005, 02:42 (Ref:1223426)   #19
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivola
xrystl i have been to caversham twice for drive days and have been takern back by the back stretch let alone the main straight! I would of loved to see the 6 hour duel between one 289 cobra and the 250lm ferrari. when you have only seen the Veskanda 3 times and have been brought up with the alfetta you understand what these guys went through. The likes of Clem Dwyer and the others. mind you you would of seen the Offy's in full flight at claremont aswell!

By the way you might be interested but there is only about 500m of the old Brooklands Track still in shape in clarmont. You might of heard stories about this place. The first true race track in Australia. Sad sight but I got a bit of limestone on a shelf next to caversham asphalt!
I was there - the 250LM Ferrari was as impressive as the Lex Davison 1957 AGP car. The Ron Thorpe 289 Cobra came over twice I think for the 6 hour, Don O'Sullivan & the Lola thru to some lesser bred like the Vic Watson Hurricane V8 or its successor the Goblin ....

Are you saying you drove at Caversham recently?

Last edited by cavvy; 12 Feb 2005 at 02:43.