Thread: Multi 21 Red Bull-Honda
View Single Post
Old 19 Jun 2018, 14:43 (Ref:3831897)   #41
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
Honda have somehow have created a completely free hype machine... everybody seems convinced that they improved massively in Canada when there actually was no indication of that whatsoever. In fact, Renault was the one with the big improvement, comfortably beating Force India.
Clearly Honda is totally in cahoots with Toro Rosso in an effort to pull the wool over Red Bull's eyes! Kudos to them for effortlessly fooling what was likely quite an extensive examination of all of the data by Red Bull.

Note... My post is sarcastic as I assume yours was as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Indeed they did and they are certainly not on a par with Red Bull. However, they are currently 5th in the WCC, with 40 points, compared to finishing 9th last year with 30 points.
Really any discussion about McLaren and Honda's past can only say that it was a mess. Issues on both sides. Honda weathered the abuse quite well while they had problems. So Honda is on the upswing now (anyone who believes otherwise has their head in the sand), but Red Bull is still a tough customer. So 2019 and beyond should be interesting. At a minimum, running two teams should give them twice the on-track data.

Overall... maybe if the 2017 Honda engine was mated to the 2019 Red Bull it will fit everyone's expectation of doom?

Richard