View Single Post
Old 27 Oct 2008, 07:11 (Ref:2321537)   #5
Mr Intolerant
Rookie

Australia
Under your momma's bed!
Mr Intolerant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMr Intolerant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is a saying that only two groups of people operate in motorsport, those that have recently been screwed over and those that are waiting to be.

This saying goes no matter who you are and how big a fish you may be.

Mr. Price may be about to find out that the voting dynamic of the Ford teams is fundamentally changed now that he has decided to officially sponsor just two teams. When you have more votes outside the tent than in, it is sometimes difficult for those excluded to see the value of supporting the factory line if it is not to their benefit.

Therefore he could be about to change columns from a screwer to a screwee.

In the Tent - 5 Entries

FPR
FRSR (By implication)
SBR

Outside - 9 Entries

T8
DJR
PCR
Britek
TKR

It is said that the Red side of the equation is counting quite seriously to ensure that this scenario is not repeated on their side of the fence. This may see the manufacturers without a "controlling" influence on the TEGA board. WP's supply of just about every red team is seen as a great equaliser in this respect but the Kelly rumblings have the numbers been done in true McCain/Obama style.

The War Room Numbers

In the Tent - 5 Entries

HRT
BJR
TDR

Outside the Tent - 7 Entries

Perkins
Tasman
PWR
GRM

Pending - 4 Entries

PMM
HSVDT/KELLY

It could be said that a number of red teams are pulling a Jerry Maguire and asking Holden to SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! to enter the tent.

Now if you go so far as to look at the downfall of strong entities (Roman Empire, US Republicans, ARL) , they always follow similar paths to extinction.

1. Have financial pressure applied by externalities.
2. Loss of single strong dictator/troica type leader with ability to implement will without regard for consequences.
3. Internal power struggle by those that think they have missed out.
4. Disfunctional decision making process.
5. Death of 1000 cuts/Withering on vine/Slow and Painful death.

I am not predicting nor cheerleading for the demise of the colourfully named Black Wiggle (who came up with that??) nor his house of V8 Supercars but letting the inmates control the asylum has never been a recipe for success in sporting or business models. I have heard that it is much like weeing in your trousers, it may give one a sense of warmth at the commencement of such an undertaking but always ends up just plain cold,messy and with standing around with no duds.

It will be an interesting sport to watch in the boardroom.