View Single Post
Old 9 Jul 2012, 15:18 (Ref:3104245)   #280
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalkenALMS View Post
Hi Everyone!

After an early start travel day yesterday, we're back in the shop. I'll try to post something in the Falken thread later today.

Thanks to Ten-Tenths users who stopped by. It was great to meet you and finally put a face to username! Hope to see more of you!

Needless to say, LRP was not our best weekend. Accelerated shoulder wear on our left rear tire forced us to make a couple more pit stops than expected. We pitted four times while the GT leaders came in twice. Major props go to our crew members for being "on call" for the whole race, ready to hop over the wall at a moment's notice. Bryan and Wolf did an excellent job fighting traffic and gaining positions. At one point, the #17 Porsche had worked its way up to second. With the unfavorable conditions we had, we're proud that we didn't finish behind our starting position.

I've sent our post-race press release to the forum, but it doesn't look like it's up yet. For those of you who would like to read it, here it is: http://bit.ly/M5MErT

Here are some additional quotes from the team members:
Derrick Walker, Program Manager:
Vibrations are not uncommon in tires because you can get them out of balance. When they wear, they get out of balance, so we didn’t necessarily think it was a major issue. Shortly thereafter, with the loss of pressure we obviously realized we had a different kind of vibration, and a different kind of problem. From that point on we were in total experimental mode. We were going through the range of everything we had with a keen eye on making sure it was safe. We had to know the tire would do the distance, and we changed the tires as often as we felt we needed to. The last set of tires we tried was definitely a marked improvement. We learned a lot from it. For sure that will help us better understand what we’ve got in our tires for Mosport.We will learn something from every experience, good or bad. We have to remind ourselves that’s what this program is. It’s a tire development program.

Wolf Henzler:
We had a tough race today. We couldn’t finish as we expected. We were struggling in practice the car was a little better today in warm up but we had a problem in the race so we had to come in more often than we planned to. We lost two laps because of that. We were not where we wanted to be. The only thing we can do is keep working hard and test tires and try to get better for the next races.

Bryan Sellers:
The balance of the car wasn’t bad, we just lacked a bit of overall grip to the other guys. We could manage over a stint to stay roughly with the same lap times, but it wasn’t a strong day for us overall. No excuses, we just weren’t great.
I would have gone to say hi, I just didn't know who you were, haha.