View Single Post
Old 9 May 2013, 12:38 (Ref:3244814)   #636
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
1923. But not sure if it's a report or an advertisement for men's clothes and accessoires. Or maybe both.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySF-mzZpyKs
Thanks for that. Some of that footage was taken from the Grand Prix, not the 24 hours - I'm pretty certain that Le Mans has never stipulated a riding mechanic, because originally, that was the job of the driver (and the driver only - no one else was allowed to touch the car for the 24 hours!).

Some of that footage sends a chill down my spine, I don't know about you. So much has changed since 1923, as has a lot of the race, but the principal and the basic layout of the circuit remains. Do you think really knew what they were starting in 1923?