Thread: NZTC 2015/2016
View Single Post
Old 22 Sep 2015, 09:51 (Ref:3575969)   #65
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Does anyone know how many cars there will be in total this season? I have seen the IMS transporter a bit of late, they seem fully committed to GT's now, is that right?
Hi GB,

I am guessing between all 3 V8 Touring car class's about 18-20 total at the opening round at Taupo, and probably around 25 total at the Supercar round and a similar number at the V8 Festival at Hampton Downs.

The trip down South will also take it's toll but should still deliver 15 plus cars overall, and along with the CMC's should make for a great Invercargill round.

My guess is V8ST is probably going to average about 7 maybe 8 cars in the North Island and about 6 in the South Island.

The Top end of NZ Tin-top Motor racing is hurting badly, you only have to look at last weekends 3 hour race at Invercargill only about 16 entries and a handful of top cars, plus no results, nothing on any National news service, or on their own Facebook page the next day after the race. If it was not for Mylaps you would never know that the event was on.

Its a concern, and it is going to take a long time to see change at the top end of the sport, meantime the grass roots stuff is booming, I only have 2 SRS utes left to lease, so very confident we will start all 30 at Taupo.

Cheers,

MP.