View Single Post
Old 2 Jul 2018, 01:27 (Ref:3834232)   #83
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To be fair, Umai Naa has picked me up on a fair point, there are more than 2 credible cars, but the point I was making was that the manufacturers behind them are not sufficiently strong in Australia that I think they could make any kind of effort to have their brand represented in TCR, plus the Astra doesn't seem to be particularly competitive.

VW, & Hyundai certainly are strong enough in sales to put money into something like this and both have had local racing programs. They also both have cars that are strong in the competition. Audi also is strong and looks the most likely at the moment.

Peugeot is a strong car but locally a bit of a basket case, likewise I am not sure how likely the Astra is, but if the car is sold locally then you could get dealer support or other local support.

The Alfa looks like it has pace but i am not sure the chances of it racing here.

Perhaps more likely is the Honda but they haven't really got form, and they seem to be coming out of the wilderness. The car seems to have some serious teething problems right now.

All of the other cars that have been entered don't rate a mention, and will not factor in any local racing.

Now one thing that IS interesting is the possibility of the 3 companies under the ownership of PSA having a collective homologation and supply situation like the 3 VAG brands do - Peugeot, Citroen and Opel all sit under the PSA umbrella, and certainly the Frogs have had form in racing together.

i really want to like this series but Speedcafe is pumping up the tyres too much.

Also the TCR website is horrid, the championship results don't show car manufacturers, nor do the team pages. The for sale pages are horribly put together with no information or images, it is all a bit amateurish.

Full races on YouTube is great and more racing series should do it.