Old 16 Dec 2003, 03:24 (Ref:1537900)   #55
Andrew Fellowes
Veteran

Australia
Tamborine Mountain, Qld. Australia
Andrew Fellowes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
& now we are two

BT30-17 & BT36-11

This is a very interesting account by Beat Schenker (Silvio Moser's mechanic) for 1971 & how I guess they got a BT30/36.

"25th July 1971 Grandprix city of Imola (I) dns for accident in practice.
Why started practice very well with the slick tires, immediately Firestone stop us, imposing to fit normal tires otherwise no tires for the rest of season. For a wrong prevision Firestone thinks for Imola is better this solution and was without slicks for the others teams. After the tire change Silvio was started for the lancing lap, losing the car on the first corner of the timing lap (Tamburello). Only after taking of the bodywork why was able to sea the bended frame. Wee found sign from mounting tools on one rear tire, reason for tire fails and with this for the damage on the car. Firestone gives us a free tire. We have some problem to find the money for the repair. Like my, Ron Tauranac means best is change the frame and with this was used a BT36 and only the material not damage on the accident. The Swiss custom has never accepted only the dashboard number, and so also in the frame was stamped, by Brabham, the BT30 – 17 numbers and for al the rest of season the inscriptions and custom documents was with this number.

I don’t remember on how we sold the car, on the end of the season."

Oh Yah!!!!!