View Single Post
Old 5 Jul 2019, 18:02 (Ref:3916048)   #78
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Is there a danger of oversimplyfying this? Surely a hybrid system would require a new gearbox and where would the batteries be stored in current cars? Not the work of morning and maybe not the £20k per car suggested?
That is precisely why they invited tenders from potential suppliers.

The tender must be for a system that is added to the existing drivetrain, and incorporates a reserve of power to be deployed.
The delivery will likely be made to the gearboxes - which are all common components - so expect the winning supplier to work alongside Xtrac to ensure any modifications fit within the existing gearbox parameters, meaning no disruption to the current car manufacturers.