View Single Post
Old 5 Dec 2019, 15:21 (Ref:3945005)   #7252
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I think we might be getting this wrong - privateers are not excluded, they just need some branding to go together with.
The more I think about it, the better I understand it. They need big brands to attract the casual spectator as they are the ones bringing in the money (quantity over quality, spectator-wise)
But has that worked when you had Audi, Porsche and Toyota? It seems to me more like the OEMs want an IMSA like guarantee they won't have to deal with upstarts taking their glory for less work and money. It's enough that I'm fairly turned off on the whole process. IMSA at least said screw you early, and contrary to the rules we knew P2s were going to be down a bit and wouldn't challenge every week. This was supposed to be oldish school racing of build it and come race. Now the rules have changed, without being published anywhere near the original time table, multiple times before release so any work that was started has been wasted a couple times.

Never mind the ridiculous let's slow everyone down so all classes are tripping over each other. I haven't spent the full 24 hours watching in a few years and now doubt I'll watch beyond a few minutes of the race with hypercars. It just feels like they wanted to destroy their own rules to not be DPi 2.0.