View Single Post
Old 7 Dec 2019, 18:10 (Ref:3945392)   #7266
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
DP was about as fast as GTE. Much slower cars and the series had been using the same tires for a while. Different scenario here because of the drivers being used to the type of tire currently on the cars. They risk a lot of blowback if they change it up. I think it'll be Goodyear for lmp2 and they're trying to improve upon the Dunlops that were ran, not go backwards.
LMP2 is very much used to "changing it up" when it comes to tires...

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...egit-tire-war/
“Michelin is really involved with the teams, trying to push hard,” Van der Garde told Sportscar365.
“We are also trying to push Michelin quite hard ourselves. We’ve done quite a few full days of testing and I must say I was pretty happy with the performance.
“I think Dunlop also changed their tires quite a bit and I think they have also made a good step. To me, the Michelin is very close to the Dunlop.

And I don't think they will be putting even half the effort they're doing now, there's no reason to when the only ones you're trying to please is the press releases.