View Single Post
Old 28 Apr 2021, 22:07 (Ref:4048369)   #21
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I finally started watching the race after getting back to the house and entering my inspections from today. Realized after the first few laps I was paying more attention to work than the race. Choice between last 5 laps and start of Sox game meant I cut it off for baseball, and one of the best pitchers in the game. St Pete usually has more NASCAR stupidity moments than it should and insanity at T1, saw none of it today and weirdly feel the race was poorer for it. Not even quality efforts at T1 where guys would have to fade going back to the left after the corner but they were trying. I'll admit I missed the majority of the middle but didn't hear the commentary crew have those calls to make me look up.

And now we have the insanity that is Indy cars on TMS. MUCH rather have an Iowa doubleheader than Texas. I think I would actually enjoy only Indy being the high speed bowl and road/street course and small oval the rest of the season. Makes it even more elevated of a race.

Had been avoiding Racer to not catch who won so just checked it out and saw the overnight numbers. Indy claims Total Audience Delivery (broadcast and various digital streams by providers and Peacock) was best ever for afternoon and second best ever, 1.22mil. Texas 2020 was 1.25mil TAD.

By comparison Talladega crushed it with 4.7mil for Cup and 1.6 for Xfinity, both up year over year as well. Sports death on TV might be overstated. MLB reports record viewership as well if you don't use just Nielsen numbers, digital offering is the key and sadly NBC seems to have screwed that a bit. But less than Nascar who doesn't offer but has been making noise about expanding OTT offerings.

Last edited by broadrun96; 28 Apr 2021 at 22:32.