View Single Post
Old 31 May 2023, 12:20 (Ref:4158955)   #4379
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why Dumbrell ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_OCTANE_HSV View Post
Yeah I have to commend those super touring drivers who came over to give it a go, it's such a different car compared to what they were used to. Something else to keep in mind was the rise of the Konica series so a lot of drivers started to pick up development series drivers as their enduro co-driver. Guys like Youlden, Luff, A. Jones, Gurr, Porter, Macrow, Holdsworth, Wakefield all came through in and around that time and would be more familiar with those cars.

I peronsally feel like sometimes Morris gets thrown under the bus a bit. Yeah he had a year in V8s in 94 but we was mostly a super touring guy getting to grips with the cars, and some of the incidents he was involved in were just bad like (like the Gran Prix in 2003), but yeah a lot of the time he certainly didn't help himself (thinking Willowbank 2005). I think guys like Dumbrell should have known a lot better and with the amount of crashes that guy was involved in at that time, I don't think it's entirely fair to always point the finger at Morris.
Dont understand the reference to Dumbrell.