View Single Post
Old 10 Feb 2017, 12:38 (Ref:3711390)   #7
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobefly View Post
Thanks bella for your suggestions!

Regarding Spa Francorchamps, since I will be coming from Amsterdan I will probably take a train to Brussels and pick a car there, then drive to the circuit from there (150km). Renting the car + staying at the Malmedy Youth Hostel which is 10km away from the circuit is still much cheaper than staying at the only hotel that still has rooms available nearby the circuit. Even adding parking and fuel expenses I do not think I will get to that amount of money plus I'll have the chance to move around the place freely without losing time.

Thanks for helping me decide it is a better option to rent a car.

It was great that you mention some of the companies for car rental. I think I will go with enterprise, I have a very good contract with National (USA) per my job and it is supposed to be a good company too.

Having solved that my following question is... I see there is only a general admission being sell right now for the 6 hours of Spa, would that ticket allow me to go around the circuit? I know it will be a lot of walking but I am not travelling 13000kms not to see Eau Rouge and the rest of the best circuit in the world.
the only thing that can be a big problem at spa is parking - there's several privately owned places in francorchamps that charge per day which is an easy solution. make sure you take waterproof comfortable walking shoes, because it's a huge circuit, and the walk back to francorchamps, uphill, at the end of the day can be a real morale killer people joke about the weather there, but it's completely true!

double check the cover of insurance that's included with your car hire - bookings made in the eu legally have to include the basic level of insurance, but i vaguely remember some american rates can exclude it completely, and you might find yourself having to pay more at the counter when you arrive.

don't forget to keep an eye out in the sportscar and le mans forums here for tenths members making the trip - there's usually a small meet-up and i'm sure someone will be happy to show you around

if you're catching a train down to nice/monaco from paris/brussels, try and travel during the day and make sure you sit on the right hand side of the train for a sea view if you choose to fly, 75% of the time the best side of the plane for landing at nice is the "a" side - takeoff is better on the "f" side for a great view of the alps!