Old 25 Oct 2008, 11:00 (Ref:2320475)   #54
Dasher
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
Dasher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombles1
Can you provide a list of championships significant enough to qualify for whatever you have deemed the topic to be (as is your right as the thread starter)? Would the Australian F3 Championship count, or is that not a "major" championship? Leanne Tander lost that last year by a total of one point. If you really think that her gender was responsible for that one point deficit, then there is no point arguing with you (see my signature).

Would you argue that women should be excluded from racing as they cannot possibly win the championship, and therefore are depriving a drive from a man who could win it?

Just because something has not happened in the past does not mean it cannot happen in the future.
As i have said before, Leanne is probably the best female going around in Australia at the moment & Australian F3 would certainly be included as a major championship along with F1,Nascar,Indy/Champ cars,Euro F3,Indy Lights,BTCC,Formula Ford,Australian V8's or Fujitsu's etc etc.

She lost that championship by one point and did a bloody good job to be in that position but the point is that she did lose and that her gender might have contributed,only she would know that.

I have never said that any female should be excluded from racing but you may be right about excluding a male that could possibly win it.

Given that all is equal in terms of equipment at the start of a race,females have as much chance as males when they step into the seat and maybe more chance than even some of the males but for whatever reason they nearly always find a way to lose it.

You may indicate that i am a moron but can you tell me why it has never happened anywhere in any country in 100 years then?

Last edited by Dasher; 25 Oct 2008 at 11:05.