View Single Post
Old 9 Nov 2019, 16:18 (Ref:3939462)   #6
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Very few people that race cars actually make enough money to live on and that includes a lot of named drivers that are in the public eye in various different fields of the sport.
A lot of drivers probably wouldn't admit how much they "actually" spend and most don't aspire to going any further than just a bit of fun.
It's another of those "catch 22" situations I'm afraid and unless you start in something that you can actually afford to do then you won't get anywhere unless you win the lottery.
With a load of money you might be able to buy your way half way up a grid at a club level meeting and that is if you are as good as you think you are, and even if you won there won't be somebody waiting with an open cheque book at the chequered flag.
Karting seems to be the way to start these days but as everything else it still costs a load of money and the further you go it costs "serious" amounts.
I think that most of us on this forum will echo my sentiments and you will find that a good percentage would have taken a lot of time off and started racing later in life when they had some "disposable" income and only do it as a hobby.
We all know that Lewis Hamilton started from very humble beginnings, but he did have a father that just about broke himself believing that he had a future champion !
Sorry to have painted a dull picture to your post but you have to face reality and until you actually get behind the wheel and show the world that you are the next best thing since sliced bread then nothing will happen.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !