View Single Post
Old 15 Nov 2015, 20:54 (Ref:3590675)   #43
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Correct Axeman, the name of the Company Scott Mclaughlin Racing is simply a name that suited his father Wayne at that time, as it intimated to all and sundry that you are dealing in some way with Scott the talented son.

To my knowledge the debt to SBR is a very real debt, and in excess of A$50K, the debt to V8 Supertourers 2013 Limited is recorded in the Court documents at NZ$50K. The A$90K debt to MPC was written off due to the cost of trying to recover the monies and some fancy footwork by Wayne to counter claim for a higher amount etc.

I don't buy that Scott has any obligations to pay the debt on behalf of his father, who at all times in my dealing with the man, acted in his own capacity, and at no time did I ever see Scott's signature on any of the documentation.
As I suspected, management acting on behalf of the client, supposedly in there best interests.

Not going to defend Wayne here, but I know all too many characters who operate in the same manner to avoid paying debts. All too common and annoying. I can say the same about a few drivers, and they're the bloody same, they'll milk everything dry for their benefit, but they never seem to reciprocate in return.

Lets just hope that fruit has fallen far enough from the tree that Scott himself doesn't pull anything like this in future himself.