Thread: IMSA: 2020
View Single Post
Old 19 Aug 2019, 19:34 (Ref:3923433)   #50
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Only hear stuff about teams leaving IMSA in 2020. Not arriving. Mangus, CORE, Ford, Keating, JDC, Juncos, Perform Tech.

Might be a down year for IMSA in 2020 in terms of numbers at least. We'll see but regardless its not the end of the world. There have been down years before and recoveries after that. If the Daytona 24 is in the low 40's in grid size I think it will still be a great race worth watching.
That is sadly true, but we always seem to have the same couple top teams coming back thankfully. If we hear GM and Porsche rumblings, well then pack up the tent it's over folks.

I am hopeful teams can make the gap until DPi 2.0 gives the entire field a boost, if not in car count it may get the attention of others who have been on the fringe (owners, drivers, manufacturers, teams) to ride the new marketability of the series. Yes, it's kind of false marketing because they really aren't doing anything new or exciting and it's a spec part but marketing guys seem to spin anything and hybrid is the cool(ish) buzzword. And people still grow up, have kids and move to the suburbs, fewer than in the past but it still happens. Those people still need a car and while the ads may move from Car and Driver and TV to Instagram, Facebook Live (for as long as that behemoth lasts) or other social media, the advertising still remains and pictures/short clips of a car that says Acura, Hyundai, Mazda etc may be just what they need for the budget to run the car. Or maybe I'm being optimistic in finding a way for racing to survive.