View Single Post
Old 12 Feb 2014, 11:00 (Ref:3367295)   #147
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNigel View Post
I am not pessimistic, just realistic.

Besides, with the emphasis in 2014 shifting more towards the development of an efficient engine + ERS package, I sincerely doubt that being secretive about the exterior design of the TS040 will have much impact. Do you honestly believe that Porsche and Audi are waiting to see Toyota's design to immediately try to copy it ? It's too late for that.

Furthermore, Porsche and Audi have been "showcasing" their initial interpretations of the new rules, but we have yet to have a full picture and understanding of what sits underneath the skin. You can be "secretive" even by showing a few things to the public. In any event, both Porsche and Audi have yet to show their final iterations of the new LMP1 contenders.

IMHO, Toyota have absolutely nothing to gain by being overly secretive, especially at such a late stage of the development.
I have to agree with this, Audi and Porsche started to develope and test their new cars months ago. It would not be however much usefull and smart to stop now and start a new development for parts "copied" from toyota. IMHO toyota doesn't show anything, because the car is still in early development stage