View Single Post
Old 10 Feb 2019, 19:58 (Ref:3883038)   #223
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I find this sort of stuff especially fascinating. The 919 certainly appears the best thought out. The R10 is interesting

The only shrouded buttons on it are PIT and MAP. MAP will be engine mapping, so fair enough. PIT being protected is interesting. The kill switch doesn't appear on the wheel at all, but it does have an emergency button - presumably just an alarm back to the pits. But that isn't protected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
The fire alarm was linked to it, too, which I had the misfortune to activate when a fitter set fire to a sump under a storage tank while doing some grinding. The two-stage bit in that case was me thinking "do I automatically shut the plant down costing two days production? Hell yes!" before hitting the break glass...
There is an amazing amount of complexity in these sort of systems, and often it does produce this weird sort of contradiction that you faced. In your case, a blowdown is a two-stage action to activate it, yet it can also be activated by a break-glass call point - something very vulnerable to accidental impacts!

It is thought that the Buncefield Explosion was caused by the Control Room Operator shutting down the plant, as he is meant to do. The leak had already happened, and when he noticed he shutdown the plant. The shutdown started a fire pump, which they suspect was the ignition source.

Kill/ESD/TPS systems are a lot more complex than just killing the power and hoping for the best