View Single Post
Old 25 Nov 2019, 06:08 (Ref:3942690)   #39
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
You’re interpreting it wrong. Read 10.1.1. “The licence must be issued within 3 months of the date of the medical.” That’s not the length of time the medical is valid for. In other words, you can have your medical up to 3 months before applying for a licence. The length of time the medical is then valid for varies according to age. (Also in 10.1.1)

International licence holders have to have a med every year, and it’s valid for 12 months. BUT, if you had a med in Jan this year, and apply for next years licence now, it is still valid, as it’s less than 12 months from issue. So you can get two seasons from one med if you play the system....
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Let's get this in perspective. The rise is less than the cost of of the fuel to get to the channel port for our next adventure. For £155 or whatever it is we have access to a regulated, standardised, broadly level playing field with high safety standards. Most of us here would get back from a good night out and find that much missing from our wallets without a qualm.

Racing drivers get an awful lot in their sport FREE. Marshals, organisers, officials, club personnel - most do it for fun. Race meetings don't just happen. How fair is it that they incur expenses, early starts and long days just so we can enjoy ourselves? If by paying a little extra we can help reward them with training, expenses and a professional organisation then it's worth it. Someone has to pay for it, why shouldn't it be the end user?

We've been cosseted by a bargain basement governing body for 100 years. And we've done nothing but moan about said governing body. Maybe by paying a more realistic rate we'll get all those changes that we've demanded. If anyone can do it, Dave Richards can.

Remember two things - motor racing isn't compulsory and it's still cheaper than Belgium!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

So glad I live where I do. 😂😂
As for getting two years out of your medical, I thought everyone knew of that trick? It was taught me around twenty years ago by non other than BSS himself. 😀