View Single Post
Old 25 Apr 2013, 07:03 (Ref:3239162)   #52
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=ScotsBrutesFan;3238417]You asked about putting ovals around 2 deisgns this month.

The first dated April 2nd, would work with a Pocono shaped oval ... 3.52km or 2.2 miles
Drawn in 2D only with oval massively wide but to scale giving correct sizes.

Attachment 39783 Attachment 39784
[quote]

Thank you for turning this into an oval infield circuit. I'd say it's the best roval circuit I have ever seen, because it's been a circuit with great flow in the first place. Flow is usually one of the main issues with roval infield circuits. Not this one. I feel kind of lucky to have been an instigator of sorts for the "perimeter circuit" because this track would easily win you a "Roval of the Year" award if there was such a one on MyTracks.

Looking at how this one developed, I can only conclude that the design process for a great roval must start with coming up with a great road course first, like you did, and in the 2nd step, the oval is built around that. Here's hoping the real-life track designers will learn from this theoretical study as well.

The main difference of your track to Pocono is probably that Turn 2 is not 90 degrees but bigger. Does it offer lanes for 2-wide racing? I hope so, because that would make it a unique oval even.

Quote:
This second one dated April 22nd would probably need a Rockingham(UK) style oval which isn't really an oval at all, as it has 4 separate banked corners linked by 4 straights
I guess that idea was only inspired by this first circuit above. I don't know if a Rockingham(UK) shaped superspeedway would be any good. What do you think?