View Single Post
Old 12 Aug 2019, 15:42 (Ref:3922454)   #71
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
always been curious myself...but i would think the week after Germany/last race the teams need to transport everything back to the factory and break it down and then a week before Spa they are back on the move again.
I can't find a document that defines how the summer break works. I did find this older article that talks a bit about it. It sounds like some minor stuff can take place. To be honest, I was surprised that a seat fitting can be done during the break...

https://f1i.com/magazine/67380-expla...mer-break.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
and a side question...had RBR nominated a reserve driver earlier in the year? i thought it may have been Buemi?
I have a broad curiosity as to what "reserve driver" means these days. It is a label that fits a specific regulation or is it more of a political/marketing thing at this point. My point is that it seem that when teams swap out drivers mid-season, that for whatever reason, whoever is their official "reserve driver" does not always get the call up. It seem to me to be more of a "status symbol" more than anything, but doesn't guarantee you will get called up when an opportunity presents itself.

When I look at the sporting regulations, it talks about how many drivers a team can use during a season (four) but doesn't categorize them (i.e. reserve driver). So RBR will have used three of their four going into the second half of the season (Max, Gasly and Albon).

Richard