View Single Post
Old 22 Jan 2018, 18:59 (Ref:3794359)   #111
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If Riley wasn't -in advance- promised at least one safe entry, then I don't know why they'd bother draining money to the LM kit and other updates it in the first place. It would just be waste of time, kind of like CLM being rejected entry from Le Mans.

Also if the car was destined to be used as IMSA-only from now on, they could just lobby IMSA to bop the car-as-they-please, which is of course what that organization does on round-by-round basis for the OEM-badged vehicles in the series.

ACO is opening the selection process for the upcoming generation II of LMP3 so I guess with the similar mind set there's a possibility of same thing happening in LMP2 too, with either 5th/6th mfg or someone just replacing Riley.

Anyway, despite the Porsche pullout thank god we have healthy privateer LMP1 now and don't have to rely so much on LMP2 this year for providing the goods. It'll be semi-interesting backdrop to the main show but not something I'm gonna loose sleep over