View Single Post
Old 8 May 2014, 09:07 (Ref:3403696)   #6
datapost61
Rookie

datapost61 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race report - 2nd meeting, 4th May

At Malcolm's request...

An unusual start as thick fog descended on Knockhill in the morning, visibility was so poor that "qualifying" consisted of 3 laps behind the safety car. Grid positions were determined by championship positions from Round 1 in April.

With John Marshall on holiday Ray Boyd (class D 911) and Harry Simpson (class G Ginetta) took the front row. The unusual circumstances saw me on row 3 with some very fast cars behind including former champion Stan Bernard whose class D 911 had missed round 1.

I can't comment much on the race goings on as I was locked in battle with Grant Allan's 911 (Youtube 'steve#61' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9y...9KdWzHA/videos)
After George Leitch scampered off in his class A fiesta.
Race 1 finishing order:
1st Ray Boyd (D)
2nd Tommy Gilmartin (E) +3.9s
3rd Stan Bernard (D) +10.4s

Harry Simpson was 4th winning class G, Jimmy Crow 5th (C), Jim Grant 8th (B) and George Leitch 10th (A).

Race 2
I got the better of Grant Allan's 911 off the start and tried in vain to catch George Leitch who took his second class A victory of the day. Further up the road, Gilmartin got the win this time leading Stan Bernard's 911 for most of the race until he dropped behind Ray Boyd's car at the last giving him the class win.
1st Tommy Gilmartin
2nd Ray Boyd +1.7s
3rd Stan Bernard +3.6s

Harry Simpson took 4th and class G, Jimmy Crow 6th (C), Jim Grant 8th (B) and George Leitch 10th (A)

Race highlights on MotorsTV Weds 28/5 at 18:23

Hopefully, Malcolm will return with his usual great pictures next week!