Thread: Multi 21 Red Bull-Honda
View Single Post
Old 20 Jun 2018, 13:27 (Ref:3832092)   #60
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Replace the word 'technical' with 'financial' in that article and we might get the real story on why Red Bull switched.

Mateschitz has been saying for the couple of years now that F1 was costing him too much for the returns. Now he gets free engines and is also being paid to have the Honda logo on all four of his cars. As a business man, he would be stupid to knock that sort of deal back.
As a business man, he would be stupid to run two F1 teams for financial purposes.

His comments about the return he was getting for the expense was not to try and get a better financial deal from their PU provider, but to get a better performance.

RBR cost the company roughly $135million in 2011 - saving about $8-20million on PUs hardly makes a dent on the running costs....