View Single Post
Old 6 Jan 2019, 22:36 (Ref:3874350)   #256
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Do you remember how they use to check the chassis weldings, rather prone to break?

As no-one has commented was this the tale I heard some time ago that the tubular frame was pressurised with a gauge on the dash and the firm instruction that if the pressure dropped, it meant PIT immediately?

Fond memories of the 944 Turbo - our first race car when we converted milady's son's 200K mile roadcar for CSCC Future Classics. Great road car and a fun race car even for on old fogie like me.

Lucky up this end of UK - we still have a few opportunities to have some fun drives......but I'm still a strong advocate of bangernomics - our two cars are a recently acquired 2010 Alfa Romeo 159 Sportwagon 2.0 diesel, and a 2001 Alfa 156 2.5 V6 saloon - the busso V6 is still a beayty and fun to drive!