View Single Post
Old 15 Nov 2019, 16:00 (Ref:3940778)   #26
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think we all knew from when it was first announced that speedmachine would not work especially when admission prices were advertised.
Things got worst for us race fans when firstly the circuit layout was so short and twisty with no chance of overtaking. Secondly it became clear after visiting the British round in March 2018 that unless you had a stand ticket you would see bugger all. That march round was actually well attended probably with first time spectators but unfortunately Silverstone were totally unprepared and disorganised on that day that it was unlikely many returned.
So rallycross/race fans were immediately put off attending so that leaves the festival crowd.

Well I admit I fall into that sector as well and I'm no spring chicken and neither are alot of festival goers. Most music festivals now gear themselves towards the family market,but not Speedmachine. Normally a festival will have more than 1 stage so you can usually find something on you like,not one stage with music of very limited appeal which when the sound failed consistently few seemed bothered. And generally at a festival you can sit on the grass if you don't want to stand, not a tarmac paddock! Neither does a few street food vendors make a festival as IMG seemed to believe. Also when you buy a festival ticket more often than not it includes your camping, not the extortionate add on prices they were asking

So what I'm saying is Speedmachine was never a music festival,and was never a good rallycross event with a track which drivers liked and a circuit with good viewing opportunities for all spectators. It seems that not only do IMG still not understand rallycross but also do not understand music festivals.