View Single Post
Old 11 Dec 2019, 10:28 (Ref:3946106)   #16
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
I wonder how many local people were aware of the event let alone those more geographically removed, it seems that only a few hardy(and possibly slightly mad) people attend such obscure "clubbie" meetings.
If it wasn't for tenths I wouldn't have known about it either - I don't use Facebook and that seems to be the only place it was publicised. I follow the Lydden account on Twitter but there wasn't a peep about it on there.

If you look at the number of people that watch the circuit based rallies over the winter you can see that there is an audience out there (although the next winter rallycross round does clash with the Brands Hatch stage rally I think?). Hopefully the entries will continue to rise for the remaining rounds of the winter series - if it can become an established feature again (rather than the "is it on or not" of recent times) then Lydden could be onto a good thing - providing "off season" action for both competitors and spactators.