View Single Post
Old 11 Dec 2019, 15:45 (Ref:3946157)   #18
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lydden know perfectly well how to run an event surely, I have seen most of the people running events that are at Silverstone at Lydden too, it is the marshals and officials that do it, all Lydden do is the PR and basic organising and track hire primarily and they have been doing that for years now.

It's not a huge step up.

I worry about the numbers, it's great for someone like Arron to go there and be all nostalgic, but that few cars is not going to make it worthwhile for long, they must be making a huge loss, but it is their loss to make I guess.

Back in the day there was a winter series and also pretty much a summer one, plus full fields in national racing.

Don't forget the Dorans pretty much closed off Lydden to circuit racers, thereby closing off a nice little loop of Brands and Lydden for club racers.

The circuit rallies are only really well attended at Cadwell and Oulton, when I went to Brands it was quiet and Snettrton is aswell, praps a few hundred people. Cadwell was huge last year, and Oulton always seems to be.