Thread: Oulton
View Single Post
Old 21 Jun 2019, 07:43 (Ref:3913243)   #13
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My own preference would be for a two-tier ballast system.

At the moment, cars start a weekend with championship ballast. Then for R2 and R3, the ballast is based on the last race alone.

I think that the championship ballast levels should be as they are - but the race ballast should be upped significantly.

That way - consistent drivers/teams will enter the weekend with a reasonable chance of good results (particularly Q and R1), without their weekend being hampered totally. However, the ballast should then make it significantly difficult to take a R2 lights-flag win, and even more so in R3 with the reverse grid.
I think the consistent performers will still rise to the top and be challenging for championship honours, but it would prevent the R2 procession we are in danger of seeing too often this season.