View Single Post
Old 5 Jul 2018, 17:20 (Ref:3834855)   #54
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew81 View Post
Hey, I just joined the forum as I'm booked to go to Le Mans in 2019 and was just looking for some advice from people who've been there or are going.

I'm travelling alone so I've joined a coach tour coming in from England. Last year was the first time I watched Le Mans and I thoroughly enjoyed it so I figured actually going to see it live would be even better.

My race ticket is general admission so I won't be in the grandstands and I'm wondering where is the best place to get a good view that I can also take good photos? What other stuff do they have going on around the circuit to enjoy? Can you freely move around the track during the race? Is it easy to find your way around? How safe is it to stay track side during the night as I have seen some people do? Any tips and advice would be appreciated.

Drew81, I'd suggest you start your quest here -

https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136187

and then, if you have the time, begin reading the threads in the subforum. Many of us have been going for a long time. This year was my 33rd (straight) and I plan to be back again next year. I've done the coach trip three times, '92, '93 and '98. The first two were very good indeed but I had the same issues as Simon (GT6) spoke of in '98 when it turned out that neither the coach driver nor the tour guide on the coach had been to Le Mans before - not a great start! Who are you travelling with and when are you intending to go over (and from where)?

As a (very) amateur photographer I've been taking largely very average photos at Le Mans for all of those 33 years. (Google me - you'll find me.... ). There are 'secret' spots around the track - the bottom of the Esses, on the inside of the Esses and from the Ford Chicane where you can avoid fencing, but it's not easy and there is always competition for the best spots. Tertre Rouge is most people's favourite as on the inside you can get above the fencing - and it's a great place to spectate from anyway.

So probably best for you to pose questions as they occur to you. There is no such thing as a silly question..... And welcome to the forum.