View Single Post
Old 12 Dec 2018, 02:56 (Ref:3869577)   #4102
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
It was a follow on from your point about CART succeeding with methanol, so in that context it is very much here or there. If most fans don't give a crap about what fuel is used, that's fine but there are plenty of fans who do.
My pernt was that the cars were fine with methanol then ethanol (forgot to mention they went from meth to eth). The switch to 85 thing was just a gimmick to please and have tree huggers associate with.
I have never run into your "plenty", tho' I'm sure "they're" out there somewhere. No spectators, I've met at any track care. I'm highly opinionated (can't you tell....) and, again, I could care less as long as they're ICEs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Not entirely correct or incorrect then, as per the Parnelli Jones example and I'm sure there are plenty more.
NaBUru38 was entirely correct. They didn't state that all cars made only one stop. Heck, even my example was the plan...but Gurney had to stop for tires more than once if I recall correctly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
In the early 1960s, cars would do just one pitstop, therefore they would carry many more gallons that the current 18.
This discussion carries as much weight as my concern of fuel on board...don't you agree?

jimclark