View Single Post
Old 1 Jul 2021, 16:50 (Ref:4059210)   #14
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Add to that the relatively small size of the paddock which would push some of the support series over to the National paddock areas and have to move pit equipment, tyres, team personnel between the two (like they do at the Grand Prix) I would imagine that TOCA looked at it and thought.... yeah nah.
I had questioned the size of the paddock at the time and assumed that TOCA would have been satisfied it was all ok. I don't think using the National paddock was ever an option - the link road between the two works for the GP but cuts across the International track. Opening and closing the movable concrete barrier is not the work of a moment.

Ironically it would have been easier last year as they would have had much more space in the paddock with no hospitality units.