Thread: IMSA DPi Discussion
View Single Post
Old 21 Aug 2018, 01:57 (Ref:3845105)   #3333
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
I've been very busy lately so have surely missed some of the late-breaking news.

What is this of which you speak of Ford 'bringing down the curtain on their GT effort' and the 'renewed French friction'?
Believe they said they wouldn't continue the GTs after the current contract with CGR. I'm not sure the year but I think it's through 2020.

Think the renewed French hostility is just the usual DPi vs P2 balance. Some of that may be assuaged by the split classes, but there's still the ego of IMSA vs ACO in charge. I think the old ALMS and ACO partnership had gone the way of Dyson racing with the advent of the WEC. Think the best we'll see is the DPi idea continuing on ACO built chassis. And maybe a merger in the future with the rules but I'm not holding out hope for that any time soon.