Thread: IMSA DPi Discussion
View Single Post
Old 22 Aug 2018, 00:21 (Ref:3845300)   #3336
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
It seems there's a certain slant in some media (funny that) towards Ford being gung ho about dpi. But the actual quotes are more of the same talk they have been saying since posed the dpi question. We shall see. There looks to be likelihood of the Nissan dpi continuing on though at least.
Or at the very least Onroak trying their absolute best to sell more of the kits and get multiple partners pitching in on the race fees. I'm not being critical of the effort at all, think it is in their best interest to push for more and sell more cars or at the very least spares. I think if we see United come to run IMSA again it would be a Nissan DPi program but it didn't feel like they are ready or willing for 2019.

Yeah, the Ford rumors seem to be the usual stretching a non-denial in to a we're working on it. I would not be surprised to see them roll out a Mustangish car after the GT program wraps up. But I'm not holding my breath waiting for it. Then again how long have we all said 'yeah, sure, they've said that before' to the mid engine Vette program. Well it looks like that is closer to a sad sad reality, without the rumble they're just another mid engine car, and at LM especially.