View Single Post
Old 22 Dec 2017, 21:55 (Ref:3788764)   #188
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Um, there was a seperate race, at Easter, for Production Cars in 2015

You have shown your disdain for GT3 racing plenty of times, maybe if you actually do some research into the health of the category worldwide, you would see that the formula is approaching a serious crossroads
sorry i assumed we both knew we were talking enduro events, but yes ther was a 60 minute event in 2015 (and for many years before). Now we have a 6 hour event for productions cars.
My point was clearly missed though. Production cars had always been part of the bathurst 12 hour. 2015 was the last year where they had their own class in the 12 hour, thus we had a quite large choice of vehicles at that event.

In 2016 we had an enduro event for production cars in the form of the bathurst 6 hour. and the production cars no longer had a class We now have two enduro events at the mountains providing a much more significant choice of vehicles over the two two events than we did in 2015, but significantly limiting the choices available in the 12 hour as it focuses more on Sports cars only

I have never had a disdain for for GT racing, Ive just never thought it was a replacement category for Supercars and debated with those that have thought that. Its is a discusion forum after all. Not a "yes Maam GT3 is the best forum" (there is another place for those softies) But this thread is not a discussion on the quality of GT3 its a discussion on the Bathurst 12 hour which currently has GT3 as its leading category

Last edited by peckstar; 22 Dec 2017 at 22:00.