View Single Post
Old 16 Aug 2021, 01:52 (Ref:4066959)   #305
CliffHansen
Rookie

United States
California
CliffHansen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, I've watching over the past few years of the origination of my March 75B chassis number 8. Doug told me chassis 8 was a rental. When I tried to qualify my Dave Walker 74 GRD at St. Jovite that I bought from Ken Swanson, I was way off in times. Doug Shierson offered me chassis number 8 that he had, ready run, since Ian Grob's funding didn't come through. Therefore I raced it with Ian's name and livery for that race. After that race I bought chassis 8 from Doug and ran it for most the remaining Atlantic series season. After I drove to Adrian around Thanksgiving to pick up my new 76B chassis 2, I still had chassis 8 in my garage in Costa Mesa, Calif. After testing and racing my 76B-2 in late 75 and early 76, I shipped my 76B back to Doug's in Adrian, Michigan to prepare the car for the 76 Atlantic Series. Around April 76, I took chassis 8 to Sears Point to race it in a Formula B event. After the Gimli Atlantic race I told Doug I had to quit, since my sponsorships didn't come through and I ran out of money, and I picked up 76B-2 from Doug's. I ended up selling chassis 8 to Mike Downs on Oct 6, 1976 for $10,200 cash and a 74 Yamaha RD350. I still have the original bill of sale and a photo of me trying to pass Gilles in his 75B at the Mosport Atlantic race in 1975.

Last edited by CliffHansen; 16 Aug 2021 at 01:59. Reason: added some words