View Single Post
Old 24 May 2019, 17:08 (Ref:3905539)   #1565
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
By the same token I find it completely laughable that the banning of plastic straws for instance will supposedly have an influence on the climate. I have no idea of the numbers involved but compared to the level of world wide industrial pollution surely such an action pales into total insignificance? I recognise that we need to start somewhere but some of the suggestions are complete window dressing to please the green brigade it seems.
Virtue gesturing.

I have come to wonder how much all of this anti-human negativity, especially when pushed in schools, affects the mental state of the kids who are in any case somewhat volatile at educational ages as their life experiences become 'meaningful' to them.

Teaching them that their elders forepersons have made bad decisions and should not be trusted is in some ways a catalyst for anarchy. After all, if, as a developing mind, you could to realise that all previous humanity has bee n on a path of getting everything wrong ... 'authority' becomes the enemy.

Or one might decide to save the planet by removing oneself from it.

Bullying is not new.

Online capable devices and social media are but they are easy targets and wonderful chaff to present as means of obscuring more fundamental causes that must not be brought to public attention.